Tuesday, November 14, 2017

JUST BE NICE

Just Be Nice 

If I had a magic wand, I’d wave Societal Color-Coders into Societal Character Leaders!
Why? Because Color-Coders of ALL colors destroy that which Character Leaders toil in earnest to build. 
Hell! Education, road and bridge budgets are now taking a back seat to “monument demolition” budgets...just because of this grossly unreasonable focus on skin color.
A Societal Color-Coder – aka racist - is one whose argument is wholly based on the color of one’s skin. Individuals including Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Maxine Waters come to mind.  
A Societal Character Leader is one whose whole argument is based on one’s behavior/character. Herman Cain, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Ben Carson are good examples of Societal Character Leaders.
After watching Ekow Yankah, a law professor, on Tucker Carlson last night, I blurted out to Chuck, “Damn’t all! This guy’s setting us back years! I’m frick’n exhausted with this kind of vile behavior! He reminds me of a white jerk I saw on a news report – some 30 years ago – who referred to my black neighbors as – well you know what!”
Poor Chuck. I yacked on repeating stories about how our efforts to mend color divides are always dragged down by racists of ALL color!
Ekow and his words replicated the before mentioned Color-Coders.
I shouted at the TV, “You inconsiderate jerk! Tell me! In your obvious hatred of people who have white skin, are you barking orders that a child who has a white parent should hereby “Go forth and hate that parent!”
Can’t bear to picture how his ill-formed, confusing mindset will cripple his children.
42 years ago, I was a solo petitioner against efforts to “color-code” Denver schools by "busing children.”
It never occurred to the powers that be, that simple budgeting mathematics would “equalize” education. Color-Coding would never work, for people have a habit of “moving.”
Very pregnant with my last child made those hot summer walks in our neighborhood a bit of a challenge.
We were blessed in that we lived in a neighborhood culturally rich with 1st generation Greeks, French, Japanese, Turks, Jews, Germans, Italians, Irish, Africans and mutts like me.  
We relished, learned from, loved and respected each other's cultural differences. We had FUN!
As he signed my little petition, my 3 door down neighbor teared up, "Roni. I spent my whole life working hard to get out of the ghetto. Now they want to bus my children back in there."
Four years later, I served on the Five Points Community Center Board when Vietnamese families were moving to Denver. When asked, “What do we do about them?” some board members said things that were unmentionable here as they growled “stay put” on any who dare tried to "get out of the ghetto.”
I’ll never forget the one board member who stood the tallest against the vile ones, for she was the shortest, oldest and smartest. She only saw “actions” not “color.” I loved that lady and her stories, “Once had to spank Bill McNichols.” She taught me stuff like, “Get some urea on that Pear tree.”
In 1968, a family whose skin was darker than mine moved next door to us. Because my family enjoyed their friendship, the other neighbors blatantly shunned us and bellowed at their children, “Get in the house NOW” each time my then 3 year old would go outside to play!
Long ago forgot the names of the rude neighbors. Only recently lost touch with my “enjoyable” neighbors.
Forever, I've publically asked for a test wherein individuals of a variety of skin colors, would behave in different ways - rude, obnoxious, kind, sweet. We'd study the responses to "behaviors versus the skin colors." I'll bet "behavior" will prevail.
It saddens me that President Barack Hussein Obama used the 8 years American voters gave him to “bus us back to the ghetto.”
I wished he hadn’t done that.
But he did.
What’s done CAN be un-done.
How?
Couple ways...
Judge a person ONLY by their actions, not the shade of their skin.
Really LOOK at each human as an individual, not a collective. Unless they’re a hippy. OK. That wasn’t nice. But, having tolerated them once, their reemergence has extinguished my tolerance.
Think before you speak or act. 
Choose words that will heal, mend and resolve. Frame them in love. 
Don't do anything that would endanger you or your loved ones, but, when you witness unacceptable words or actions, do NOT given them attention. At all. Walk far, far away. Please. 
Anyway, you're smart. You get the gist. 
Just be nice. That'll work. 
Thank you. 

No comments: