Tuesday, June 9, 2020

LAW ENFORCEMENT AND COWS


With my "best dog Beno," in front of Milking Parlour - photo by Anita Bell about 1959
Law Enforcement and Cows
By Roni Bell                                                                                                  6/8/2020
When I turned about 13 years of age, milking our cows became my assignment.
Twice a day I brought in our 45 something cows, sorted off the dry and milked the remaining.
After milking, I washed the milkers, backwashed the pipes to the bulk tank, hosed out the parlour, ate breakfast and went to school; repeat after school.
Dad bought a tiny bunch (maybe 5) of what I called, "The Poland cows." They were unruly and had too much "white in their eyes."
Keeping the Holstein bull at bay was challenging enough. I didn't want "those cows" in the mix.
Now. If Dad was stupid - like those who think dismantling law enforcement's a good idea - he would have dismantled our whole herd.
Instead, as any smart farmer does, he got rid of "only" the Poland cows.
Cities with law enforcement officers who are unruly and have too much white in their eyes, should ID and get rid of "only" them.
That's all...

No comments: